Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Implanon Implant Insertion Review

Hello ladies!!!
Here is my detailed description on me getting the Implanon Implant.

By the way it didn't hurt!!!!

So I went to my appointment and they numbed my arm it felt really weird to have a numb are the shot stung just a little bit but then the medicine started working right away.

They applied iodine on to my arm then made a small cut with a small surgical knife (remember I was numb I didn't feel it and I barely bled) then inserted a needle which is on the bottom right of the picture there it is freaking huge but don't scare yourself you don't even feel it. It seriously took about 20 seconds to insert it and then they wrapped me up in gauze and told me to keep the gauze on for 24 hours.
Can you see it? I can't and even now I can't but I can feel it I love the fact its so hidden there. You can see my son asleep in his car seat. 
Here is my arm a day later bruised and a bit sore but no complaints I can still use my arm like normal no pain at all. Plus you still can't see the implant! 
My doctor told me I can breastfeed while using Implanon (which is why I got it in the first place). There is limited scarring.
Some people don't go well with Implanon and will have irregular bleeding and spotting for the duration the Implanon is used. If it leads to that fact I will take it out but this is an Insertion Review and not a "It isn't or is working for me".
You can only use the Implanon for 3 years then it must be taken out and replaced with another Implanon or another source of birthcontrol.
If you are wanting to get pregnant again they will take out Implanon and you can get pregnant right away.
Some people have reported weight gain and some have reported weight loss so it is a 50/50 chance on weight.
20% will stop having a period during Implanon.

So I will leave you with an attack of info about Implanon just to give you correct information straight from their website! Here is the back to back comparisons to the most popular birth control.

IMPLANON99%*Every three yearsYes, must be inserted and removed by a trained clinician
Vaginal Ring99%MonthlyYes
Combined Hormonal Pill99%DailyYes
Progestin-Only Pill (Mini-Pill)99%DailyYes
Progestin-Only Injection99.7%Every three monthsYes, must be given by a clinician
Copper Intrauterine Device (IUD)99%Every 10 yearsYes, must be inserted by a clinician
Here are the side-affects.
Besides irregular bleeding, some of the most frequent side effects that caused women to stop using IMPLANON in studies were:
  • Mood swings
  • Weight gain
  • Headache
  • Acne
  • Depression
The most common side effects reported by women using IMPLANON in clinical trials were:
  • Irregular and unpredictable bleeding
  • Headache
  • Vaginitis (inflammation of the vagina)
  • Weight gain
  • Acne
  • Breast pain
  • Viral infections such as colds, sore throats, sinus infections or flu-like symptoms
  • Stomach pain
  • Painful periods
  • Mood swings, nervousness or depression
  • Back pain
  • Nausea
  • Dizziness
  • Pain
  • Pain at the site of insertion

This all came directly from the Implanon USA website. I hope this helps all of you when choosing a source of birthcontrol.

Deanna





2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Thank you!!! I will follow through with the rest later on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there a follow-up to this? Am considering doing this and wanted a real opinion.

    ReplyDelete