Search This Blog

Friday, July 15, 2011

Kristina's Breastfeeding Success Story


At around 3 months pregnant I found an app called WTE. I had no idea that I was going to meet the most amazing women & how it would change my life & my unborn child's.
At around the time my son was 3 weeks old, I was ready to give up on breastfeeding. I have 2 older children (10 & almost 5) that I was not successful with breastfeeding with. This child was to be the last we had & I was convinced no matter what I would breastfeed him. Well, that didn't go so right on. After 2 different Lactation Consultants, many hours researching, and supplementing every feeding followed by pumping, I posted on WTE for help from "MrsAnnaLynn" because I had seen her answer many questions on this topic. I read one where she pumped 16 oz & was convinced! At this point I could only pump 1/2 an ounce from both sides. Deanna replied right away with "Don't Panic" as the title in the email. I though
"Yeah, right!". She gave me a link to her blog & emailed back & forth with encouragement & let me ask a million questions!
3 days later I was so excited to see that the supplements had more than cut in half from following her advice on her blog! Now I am less than a week in & only supplementing 3 feedings a day compared to the 10 or so from before!
I reached out & did not expect this to work, but I figured, "What's one more shot?" Not only that, but my son is so much happier. We were having many problems finding a formula that would work for him as his stomach was not accepting any well. Even with the couple feedings of formula he is much more regulated & not spitting up every time he eats. I thought it was going to be a long fight, but here I am now enjoying every smile my 4 week old gives as he unlatches from my breast! Thank you so much Deanna!!!


I am glad to help Kristina!!!

1 comment: