Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Quick Steamed Fish with Asparagus

Here is my recipe for steamed fish with asparagus.

To cook the fish:
1 Pompano fish (Any white fish works well here it also doesn't have to be whole )
6 tbsp soy sauce (you can use any brand I used Kikkoman)
3 scallions ends cut and cut in half
3 slices of fresh ginger
Black pepper to taste

I use a steamer to use this recipe but if you don't have one available you can also bake and it will come out the same way. I just prefer to steam the fish cooks faster that way.

I purchase my whole fish cleaned and cut for me.

1. Stuff the fish with the green onions and ginger.
2. Apply soy sauce on to fish and inside then sprinkle with black pepper.
3. Place inside steamer and steam for about 15 minutes.

Then you are done with your fish. I told you it was quick!

Asparagus:

1 lb of fresh asparagus ends cut and cleaned
3 cloves of fresh garlic
1/2 tbsp of olive oil
Black pepper to taste

1. Saute garlic olive oil until aromatic
2. Add asparagus and toss gently
3. Add 1 tbsp of water and cover for 1 minute
4. Check asparagus for tenderness
Serve!

If you aren't using a whole fish and just using fillets place scallions and ginger on top of fish.

Deanna

2 comments: